What exactly am I buying? Does it include Duty, VAT, Delivery?
- The price is every bottle of single cask of 30L whisky, bottled at cask strength, with all duty, tax and delivery to one address in the UK. The number of bottles available in each casks is included in the cask description
What do the bottles look like once I purchase them?
- Click here for an example
Can I buy the cask? If so, How much extra does that cost?
- Yes you can buy the cask, but as prices vary please get in contact discuss the price of the specific cask you're interested in. Casks are not sold separately.
Can this product only be delivered to the UK?
- Yes, these specific casks are for the UK market. However Mackmyra offer cask sales across Europe, so please visit Mackmyra.com to find out more.
How long will delivery take?
- Delivery can take up to 13 weeks for this product to be delivered.
Labels and Names
Can I add a generic label? If so, what does this look like?
- Yes, just click on the label customisation tool at time of purchase. You can add text and/or a logo or image to your design.
If I make my own label, what information needs to be included?
- Yes, we do work with creative individuals who want to include their own personally designed label. However, there are rules and regulations around labelling whisky in the EU which must be observed. As with naming the whisky (see below) Mackmyra reserve the right to refuse any design, and the labels must be printed and attached by use before delivery. Please contact us to discuss this further.
Can I split the cask between friends and each of us have a different label?
- Unfortunately due to the small label run size we can only offer one label design per cask.
Will you design a label for me?
- Yes, please feel free to get in contact to discuss this further.
What can I name the whisky?
- We encourage our customers to come up with creative and personal names for their whisky. However there are a rules and regulations for naming products including trade marks, intellectual property rights and geographic representation. If necessary, Mackmyra reserve the right to refuse the name of a whisky.
Can I sell the bottles on?
- Alcohol sales is a licensed activity in the UK and Mackmyra cannot advise nor assist with this. If this is something of interest to you, please begin by looking here.
Can I sample the whisky beforehand?
- We are happy to send samples of any cask for you to try beforehand and we charge £25 per sample including delivery, up to 4 samples (£100). In addition to the samples, we will also include a personal discount code equal to the sample price paid to be used when you complete your cask purchase. Please contact us if you'd like to arrange this.
If I buy the cask, can I put the whisky back in and mature it longer?
- Any cask purchased from us is for decorative use only. If you are interested in maturing your whisky for longer, please get in contact with us and we can discuss options where your whisky can be matured or finished in a safe, secure and controlled manner.
The cask I'm interest in is over 40%, can I ‘cut’ the whisky down to 40% and get more bottles?
- Unfortunately not, for consistency the product we are providing is cask-strength, single cask whisky. We cannot reproof, reblend, add additives or change the product's contents in any way.
Can I buy a cask and mature it from the start?
- Of course! For more information please contact email@example.com in the UK, or visit the mackmyra.com website to find out more about out other cask ownership schemes.